Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cheap toys

They don't make 'em like they used too!. Whew-- never thought I would say that. Over the years I have noticed the lack of the toy surprise in breakfast cereal. For those who do not know me, I am somewhat of a cereal freak. I currently have 6 different types opened and consumed daily. Sometimes for breakfast, at times dinner, or even dessert. And not one box has provided me with a toy.

Now the real surprise is when you actually get one. During a recent meeting I was genuinely excited when my friend tossed the small shrink wrapped package on the table. While the content was a mystery, I knew that this object was a door to the past. When we opened the package you could almost hear the air leaking out of our inflated balloon heads. As advertised on the box this toy has been inspired by the movie, The Dark Knight. WTF!!!!! When does a lame cheaply made flimsy plastic top (which hardly spins) have to do with Batman?? A JOKEr perhaps? After many failed tries we lost interest and my mind wandered to memories of better fun stuff. Well at least I believe it was better. Ill stick to my new toys.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Laura said...

I haven't seen a toy in a cereal box in a loooong time. What kind of cereal was it that gave you this lame ass toy?

.. said...

Honey Nut Cheerios, great cereal, crappy toy