Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brrrrrrrrr

Enough already!! For the past two days the morning am temperatures have dipped into the 50's. I am so over with winter already, bring back my sun and warm temperatures.

What I have noticed due to the cold weather:
1) It takes an additional 15 minutes to crawl out of bed. The fear of leaving the comfort of my warm toasty comforter has me shaking.
2) It takes an additional 10 minutes in the shower to thaw out. I believe my hot water tank finally hit a new low.
3) It takes an additional 3 minutes to towel off. All traces of water must be dried up before exiting the comfort of my mock steam room.
4) I am wearing way too much clothing for living in the south (north of the equator). The pic is what I needed to wear for walking Stanlee this morning.
5) I am unable to read the morning news on my crackberry while walking. Stanlee. My hands are too busy staying warm in my pockets.
6) The coffee makers appears to be running a bit slower this morning. I should have known better and programmed my automaker to wake me up to a gallon of fresh brewed java.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

PamelaRose said...

It was soooooo cold last night I woke up in the middle of the night, and I never wake up till morning, with 2 blocks of ice at the foot of my bed! W-H-A-T? My feet froze!!!!! Hasn't happened to me since I lived in Chicago, 30 years ago. What a dilemma...stay under my inadequate coverlet and 3 throw blankets OR get out of bed, in the dark and the cold, scrounge around looking for that quilt of mine??? Had to get out of bed but, it was worth it! Loved reading your blog and knowing I am not the only one suffering in south Florida!

.. said...

If I remember correctly, my 6th grade Civics books described in detail how by the 21st century we would be living in comfort due to weather machines in the sky. WTF happened?? I’m setting mine to 82 degrees!

PamelaRose said...

Wasn't the planet supposed to be inside a dome that controlled the temperature, humidity, etc.? My feet are getting cold just thinking about it!